Saturday, March 30, 2013

Oh Joy!

Today I went to plant some more rhubarb - the last scraggly ones on Walmart's shelves. I discovered the other three rhubarb we planted a couple of years ago are coming back, in various stages of development.



I also cut some bamboo canes today to make some waddle (ha ha, looked it up and it is wattle, not waddle) fencing, like they use in colonial Williamsburg, so that we can mark off the rhubarb patch. I think traditional wattle fencing is made of saplings, but since we happen to have bamboo I want to try it. The newly emerging plants are somewhat outside of where I thought they should be, so this will help keep track of things.

2 comments:

  1. After you wrote about rhubarb, I couldn't get it out of my mind. Last week it took going to 3 stores to find it, but I had my heart set on banana rhubarb crisp. And it was worth the effort.

    Is that bamboo flat on the ground or rising as a fence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try the banana rhubarb crisp. That picture was just cut bamboo lying on the ground. I want to make some more wattle!

    ReplyDelete