Thursday, March 14, 2013

Aloe Repot Revisited



The aloe plants that I repotted a few days ago look sad. A wise person has informed me that peat moss has exactly the opposite properties of sand and is, therefore, a poor substitute. Duh, you say? Okay - that's fair.

So now I have repotted them again, this time using a mix of potting soil, sand and small gravel. I hated to traumatize them again but I don't know if they would make it otherwise. I will report back on this topic as things develop.

2 comments:

  1. I bet that even if none of the existing leaves ever perk up, you'll get new growth on a substantial fraction of them pretty soon. And as soon as you do, you can cut off the straggly leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - I hope so. It is hard to believe that it was vigorously thriving all crammed into a tiny little pot, and now seems so listless.

    ReplyDelete